- Weathertop, also known as Amon-Sûl in Sindarin, was a watchtower in the weather hills in Eriador. Back in the days when this watchtower was still whole, a palantir was held within the chambers of the tower before being removed to Annuminas.
- It is said that before the War of the Last Alliance, Elendil stood at the hill watching the hosts of Gil-galad coming to join his forces.
- Now the watchtower remains in ruins, and it is here that Frodo was stabbed by the Witch-King of Angmar.
- Read about the history and lore of this famous location on this Tolkien Gateway article.
- This map was released on version 1.17 for the Java version of the game. As such, it can only be played on versions compatible with that.
- The map includes a portion of the weather hills.
- In the middle of the maps stands a tall hill, atop of which lay the ruins of weathertop.
- There is one single tunnel that leads to the top of the hill.
- We highly recommend the use of the Eriador Pack for this map, which is packaged with the download and should activate automatically.
Do not rehost this download anywhere else.
You may use our maps without permission, but please credit us with a link to this download page.