Part of the Rohan Project
- Aldburg is one of the first towns of Rohan, and the first capital before the royalty moved to Meduseld in Edoras. At the time of the War of the Ring, it was home to Eomer, the Third Marshall of the Riddermark and king Theoden’s nephew.
- Read about the history and lore of this famous location on this Tolkien Gateway article.
- This map was released on version 1.17 for the Java version of the game. As such, it can only be played on versions compatible with that.
- The map includes a portion of the White Mountains to the south and to the west of the city. Aldburg stands on two hills with a few streams and rivers flowing from the mountains. The other half of Aldburg is protected by a palisade and ditch. To the north of the little town lays a forest interrupted by some meadows.
- In our depiction of Aldburg, the Rohirrim historically inherited it from the Numenoreans whose castle and a few other buildings (such as watchtowers and a manor house) are now in service for the people of Rohan. Some of their constructions, however, have fallen to ruin.
- The town comprises 111 fully decorated buildings, including unique interiors.
- We highly recommend the use of the Rohan Pack for this map, which is packaged with the download and should activate automatically.
Thanks to all the members of the EpicQuestz Build Team who helped out, and to the Media Team for beautiful screenshots.
Do not rehost this download anywhere else.
You may use our maps without permission, but please credit us with a link to this download page.